Lojong Cards and Booklet

Lojong Cards and Booklet
This self-published deck and booklet are the intellectual property of Beverly King. Please do not copy or reproduce any photos or blog posts without permission.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Point Five of the Seven Points

Point Five– Evaluating the Practice
            I’m someone who considers herself directionally dysfunctional; I get easily turned around and lose my way without specific landmarks. The trend of including a GPS navigational device in cars has been a godsend for someone like me. Not only are maps included, but a voice can give turn-by-turn instructions to keep me moving in the right direction. Thankfully if I do turn down a wrong road, the GPS doesn’t respond by saying, “Are you a complete idiot?! Have you got rocks in your head?!” Instead the voice calmly suggests I might want to take the next exit so I can get back on track. In the same way, slogans 19 through 22 help me to honestly assess my practice with kindness and gentleness. Their purpose is not to label my efforts a success or failure. Instead, their guidance helps me refine my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment